- Inclination: 9.3º (Aries).
- Perihelion: 280º43' (Capricorn; binonile 80º, 0º43' orb).
- Ascending node: 127º04' (Leo).
- Argument of perihelion:153º39' (Virgo; triseptile 154º17', orbe 0º38').
- Orbital resonance: 2:15 with Júpiter (99.4%); 11:6 with Neptuno (99.4%); 1:3 with Saturno (98.8%)
In Greek mythology, Pelion is the mountain in Thessaly where the Centaurs were said to live.
(49036) Pelion looks like a teenager and it is a bit chaotic. Can be rebel against authority, like Frost in the movie "Blade" (1998), and has a strong determination to be independent and autonomous, like Mulan in the Disney movie (1998), but can be imprudent and inexperienced, like Anakin in "Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones" (2002).
(49036) Pelion vibrates with young energy and is full of life, like the song "Nas Ne Dogonyat" of Tatu. This centaur brings the freshness of the new generations, like in the movies "Dirty Dancing" (1987), "Mulan" (1998), "Bend It Like Bekham" (2002) and "Whale Rider" (2002).